Saturday, April 29, 2023

Entry #9 Media Synthesize

Me and Media

With our latest essay involving the power of media I sat back and began to realize just how much of an influence media has had on my life and the activates I like to do in my spare time.


My perceptions of media have changed while writing and drafting my essay. I began realizing that there has been a recent rise in the gym industry in social media with many of the influencers being based in fitness and health. Social media is influencing younger audiences to get in the gym and try to achieve their best self


I have noticed my friends will find a major of their knowledge of the gym from not going to the gym and experiencing it first hand but from watching other people on social media. Influencers will often provide audiences workout splits or give advice on supplements or diets and this will cause a massive trend in change of behaviors of the followers since they will copy and do what ever a fitness influencer says since they want to be like them.

    I do not think this is necessary a bad thing as this type of influence is positive and promotes good and healthy living. With that being said it can sometimes be taken too far and promote a toxic environment for those who are not on the biggest trends or who do not know who a certain content creator is.

I am experiencing first hand the power of media every day when I walk into a gym and seeing people wearing the newest Young LA merch drop or wearing an influencers merch. I even once and while will see people look up how to do a workout mid-set if that feels lost or is looking to get the "best pump".

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on there being a rise in the gym industry of social media. I thought maybe it was just because I watched so many gyms videos and because of the algorithm and that’s why they kept appearing on my phone. Truth be said it has just become so popular and trending to workout. So much false information on proper form and diets I truly feel bad for the ones who follow in the footsteps of these influencers. -Athena M.

    ReplyDelete

Entry #8 Beauty Standrads

Beauty Standards on Social Media  Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter all promote certain standards and ide...